Sunday 4 May 2014

REVIEW: Warm Bodies

Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1)Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Warm Bodies follows a zombie named R who decides to not 'eat' a girl named Julie. Instead he decides to try to keep her safe from the dangers that are present within their world, which puts forward a chain of events that continue throughout the novel. Going into this book, I had heard a lot of positive things about this book and was therefore very excited to read it. Although I can see why everyone loves this book, I did find it a bit boring at times to read. I wasn't very engaged in the storyline and it was only until the last 1/4 of the book that I was invested in the storyline. The character of R was very original and my view now of zombies has been changed because of him. He was a very caring and compassionate zombie and didn't follow the stereotypical views that would be though of in a zombie. Overall, Warm Bodies was an enjoyable read and I would read it again. I do think, however, it deserves more of a 3.5 star rating but as half rating aren't allowed on Goodreads, I shall rate it a 3


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment